Crabtree Farm Primary School
Welcome to the Crabtree Farm Primary School Website
Crabtree Farm Primary School is a community in which behaviour is based upon mutual respect and consideration for others. If children are poorly behaved at school they tend not to do as well as they might. Poor behaviour can also cause problems for other children because the teacher has to spend time dealing with poor behaviour, time which should be spent teaching all the children in the class.
Our behaviour code is based on a set of seven rules which are explained to all children.
The rules are as follows:
1. We will always try our best even if we encounter difficulties.
2. We do as we are asked the first time.
3. We look at and listen to who is speaking.
4. We put our hands up for attention and do not call out.
5. We keep hands, feet and objects to ourselves.
6. We use quiet voices and friendly words.
7. We complete our work in the time given.
Good behaviour is rewarded with individual and whole class rewards. Poor behaviour is dealt with individually and will follow the sanctions steps. Children who reach the last step of the classroom sanctions will be sent to the Head Teacher.
Parents/carers will be spoken to about their child's behaviour if it is causing a concern.
In extreme cases of poor behaviour a child will be excluded from school until there has been a meeting involving the parents/carers, the Head Teacher and the child to discuss ways of helping the child improve their behaviour.
The school's behaviour policy contains further information and can be found on the policies section of the website or from the school office.